Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Chinese Chippendale Dining Chairs

I am a sucker for Chinoiserie Design. I love anything Faux bamboo, bamboo, Hollywood Regency, Mid Century. Mainly because of the timelessness of them all. Not to mention how well everything was made back then.




If you know me, you know I am a sucker for thrift stores, Estate sales, and Antique Stores.  I am mildly obsessed.  My husband thinks I'm insane.  But I love it, so whatever.


As we were on our way to my husbands work, we passed an antique store that I have been meaning to check out, but since he works 45 minutes away from our home, I always forget.  He pulled over for me to run in and check it out, while our son was sleeping in the backseat.  I saw a great gold faux bamboo mirror hanging in one of the vignette but passed on it because it was priced too high.  (I still think about that mirror too.) Just as I turned the next corner, I got very excited!  These vintage yellow Chinese Chippendale chairs were just sitting there!  At first I only saw three and was pretty bummed as I scanned the surrounding areas for the fourth, until I looked UP and it was hanging from the ceiling. SCORE!




They definitely need some work at the moment which is why I am selling them for $999.00 compared to $1200-1500+ others are selling them for online. 



I just added these to my Etsy shop yesterday and they have been getting a ton of attention but I really want to paint these beauties to bring them to their glory! I just can't decide on a color.

Do I stay neutral or go bold like these Johnathan Adler Chinese Chippendale?  Selling for $650 each.




The blue is nice too.





                                              I'm loving the Emerald green these day's too.


                           And that RED! LOVE, especially how they have it paired with the lime-green draperies.





I love the look of crisp white though...so timeless.  White can go with any design concept too.











Can't go wrong with black.  I try to add something black to each room.  To me, it adds a little bit of sophistication.








Ahh, decisions, decisions. Stay tuned, once I figure out a color I will show a step by step process on refinishing and painting these babies....if they don't sell first.









No comments:

Post a Comment