Monday, March 18, 2013

Chinese ancestor portrait

I am OBSESSED with Chinese ancestor portraits. The intricate detail is amazing. I am in awe every time I look at mine.



The artist focuses on the face mainly...every hair is in place and the facial features are so detailed. Truly timeless and goes with any design concept.


Below are a few others I found. I just love love love them ALL!



The modern metal yellow chairs with a traditional barn table really work well in this room with the ancestor portrait. Give it a modern yet traditional feel.












Even the famous designer Mr. Valentino knows what's up. His home was featured in Architectural Digest.



Here are a few "singletons"





Be careful when you purchase one of these. Make sure its not a fake. Research! I can usually tell because these can date back to the 1700s - early 1900s and there is always some wear and tear. Look for ripples in the rice paper or raised texture. make sure the detail is very intricate. I also make sure there is texture in the piece, if it looks flat and even...it's a print. Which is fine, but the price tag should not be in the thoudands if that is the case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment