Thursday, March 28, 2013

DIY how to spray paint a faux bamboo mirror

Here is an update on my DIY spray paint job for my thrift faux bamboo mirror find...

Isn't it lovely???

It went from drab...


to FAB...


I must say it was so easy to spray paint this baby, there were a few drips because I sprayed too much in certain areas. But it was an easy fix. Once it dried I lightly sanded it down, wiped it clean with a damp cloth, and then applied more spray paint. I let it dry over night and then applied a top coat to protect it. You can view my earlier blogs for the beginning DIY tutoral. 


Here are some closeup pictures.



My next DIY spray paint will be this faux bamboo hutch. I'm selling it on my Etsy shop but I secretly want to keep it...shhh...don't tell my husband. ; -)


I can't decide on the color though...I was thinking a light sky blue and paint the interior back a nice burnt orange an as accent color. This is what I would paint it to go in my home. But since I will be selling it at my shop....I should probably lacquer it white. But I just can't help but want to paint in backing a different accent color! A nice lacquered black is always timeless too. Especially since I'll paint the hardware a pretty classic gold. Stay tuned for this next project. 

Please email me with any suggestions with the new color!

No comments:

Post a Comment